As a Tyfone DevOps Engineer, you will be of a member of a small, tightly knit, DevOps team who possess complementary skillsets and work closely with our Engineering, Product, and Account Management teams. You will be tasked to help design, implement, scale, monitor, and maintain our SaaS Banking and Security solutions. As a member of the DevOps team, you will contribute to the day-to-day operations of critical infrastructure that is providing financial services to members/customers of financial institutions and a growing portfolio of security customers. You will share in ownership of our Production SLA’s and our Continuous Integration and Improvement initiatives. You will have opportunities to combine your technical ability, strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution in an agile environment; you will employ state-of-the-art tools and techniques to meet Tyfone’s strategic objectives in efforts to achieve the executive vision. You will travel as necessary. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work in a dynamic and complex software build environment and enjoys optimizing build environments for speed and reliability.
- Sharing ownership of Production SLA’s and Continuous Integration/Improvement Initiatives.
- Designing, implementing, monitoring, securing, and maintaining scalable, highly fault tolerant, infrastructures in both on-prem (Bare Metal, On-site Virtualized) and cloud environments (Rackspace, AWS), various OS environments (Windows, CentOS/Redhat/Ubuntu), leveraging network various network equipment (Cisco, SonicWall, AlertLogic, etc).
- Identifying and/or Building, Maintaining and Documenting cutting edge Automation Tools to ultimately improve system provisioning, configuration, integration, deployment and release processes.
- Collaborating with our Software Engineering, Product Management, and Account Management teams to implement and continuously improve solutions for a wide array of projects.
- Participating in a 24hr on-call rotation in coordination with fellow DevOps Engineers. Weekends are also rotated between DevOps Engineers.
- Experience: 3+ years in a Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Quality Assurance, or equivalent role.
- Associates, BA or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Linux (CentOS/RedHat) and Windows Server domain environments
- Experience with Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat administration.
- Strong understanding of Publicly exposed/Enterprise PKI.
- Experience working with cloud providers (Rackspace, AWS).
- Experience in Windows Active Directory Group Policy.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Ability to write code and scripts (Bash, Python, Perl, Powershell,).
- Experience with systems and IT operations.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, and Continuous Deployment, and DevOps methodologies.
- Strong grasp of automation tools such as Chef, Rundeck, Ansible or similar.
- Experience in build tools like Ant Maven and Gradle.
- Experience on VMWare, Virtualbox, Vagrant and Containerization.
- Experience in Cloud-based SaaS. Emphasis on Rackspace, AWS.
- Comfortable with MySQL, Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis.
- Data management skills. A strong focus on business outcomes.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Experience deploying and maintaining largescale, high reliability, servers.
Qualifications that would be a plus:
- Experience with Web Application Firewall’s and rule configuration (Imperva Incapsula).
- Proficiency in Linux (CentOS/Redhat) and Windows Server domain environments.
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate, and achieve!