Director of Engineering
No. of Positions
The Director of Engineering should have an overall of 15+ years of experience and 5+ years of management experience. He/She should be technically strong with the ability and desire to be hands-on. The person should have experience working in and building product teams and managing teams in India.
- Providing technology and managerial leadership, vision, and passion to the product team.
- Working closely with the product management team and professional services to understand customer needs and translate them into product engineering priorities.
- Responsible for managing and providing leadership for 5-7 leads and their teams.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle process including requirement gathering, functional, specification, design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Recruiting, managing, and mentoring a team of world-class developers.
- Provide the account management and sales team with technical advice and support.
- Proven track record of delivering Fintech SaaS products targeted to US markets; leveraging cloud technology on AWS.
- Should have a strong technical background in product development and complete software development life cycle.
- Flexible and adaptable to the challenging pace of identifying and adopting new technologies.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and motivation to make our product successful.
- Result-oriented with a strong sense of drive and initiative in previous jobs.
- Must have experience in building teams, identifying and mentoring talent, and working on building large-scale products.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the current web and mobile app technology landscape.
- The ideal candidate should have 12-15 years of experience in software engineering with at least 8-10 years in product development.
- Last position as an owner of product engineering with at least 25 people.
- Have a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a proven track record of successful execution.
- A Bachelor’s degree or better, preferably in Computer Engineering, from a reputed college/university.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- PMP or similar certifications
- JIRA, Microsoft Project