No. of Positions
~ Community financial institutions need great technology partners now, so naturally Tyfone’s Mission is to build the best digital transformation platform in banking. Our shared Values help us get there. Mutual trust and compassion, integrity in our workplace, constant innovation, and don’t forget the fun! – just to name a few. Our Vision is clear:
Tyfone, the preeminent provider of digital transformation, transactions, and trust technologies to credit unions and community banks.
Behold! The Controller
The Controller will report to the VP of Finance and Operations and work closely with other members of the G&A department. This position will be responsible for all Accounting operations of the company and our growing accounting team. This position will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial information and a financially disciplined culture. This position must drive continuous financial and operational improvements. This position is required to be familiar ASC 606 and ready to implement required changes.
Please note this position is remote at present, however, applicants must reside within a distance suitable for daily commute to our SW Portland headquarters to be eligible for hire.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead all aspects of the accounting team and operations including directing, managing, and performing day- to-day operations of the accounting functions, including the general ledger, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets.
- Serve as the lead liaison and project manager in planned ERP upgrade from QuickBooks Online.
- Establish internal controls and ensure US GAAP compliance, financial accuracy, and financial close deadlines.
- Maintain a document system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly financial and bank account reconciliations with detailed schedules.
- Ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable and remittance of accounts payable.
- Identify and escalate financial areas of concern for investigation & resolution.
- Manage vendors and outsourced functions.
- Lead cash management activities including preparing periodic tactical cash forecasts.
- Partner with engineering to integrate the budget and forecast tools with our financial reporting platforms for variance reporting across functional teams.
- Develop standard and ad hoc reporting as requested by the management team, the Board of Directors or functional team leaders.
- Coordinate and oversee annual audit to include gathering of required audit information, preparation of financial statements and footnotes, and preparation of tax accounts.
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Supervise accounting assistant and make recommendations for accounting team’s growth.
- Read and interpret legal documents and summarize pertinent information for accounting team.
- Work closely with the VP of Finance to create and support department goals.
- Review, evaluate, recommend, and implement accounting process changes to achieve 8 business day month- end close within 6 months and 6-day close within 12 months.
- Assist with the establishment of key financial and operating benchmarks and reporting standards for internal business partner and stakeholders.
- Join at least one planned video call each week. in early morning or late evenings for coordinating with team members of the wholly owned subsidiary in India.
At least 8 years progressive experience in Accounting or Finance including 3 consecutive years in Controller position. SaaS industry experience is highly preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree or 8 years equivalent work experience. A candidate with or working toward accreditation as a certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) is highly desired.
Expert level of proficiency in QuickBooks Online, MS Excel, and building budgets and financial models; and beginners to intermediate level of proficiency in as many of the following: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, mac OS, Expensify, Shareworks, DocuSign, Dropbox, Salesforce, Google Sheets, Drive, and Slack.
Behold! The Controller
- You are intelligent, innovative, curious, and thrive in independent workplaces.
- You like creating schedules and reports and analyzing trends.
- You have solid written, organization, and verbal skills.
- You diligently seek out projects or process improvements.
- You live for the details and can’t sleep until you’ve found that missing penny.
- You have mental flexibility and the ability to switch gears with ease.
- You are passionate about providing a great experience for customers, colleagues, the community, and our product.
- You have at least one great icebreaker joke in your holster.
- This position requires a strong analytical thinker and thought leader with an eye for detail.
- This position must demonstrate the ability to collaborate across internal and external teams and communicate effectively.
- This is a hands-on role with for highly autonomous and responsible individual.
How is it working at Tyfone?
- We believe in collaborative teams that produce high quality output.
- Slack is a way of life, short emails are encouraged, communication is the key to our success.
- We are independent self-starters who either come up with the idea and run with it or hear an idea and run with it.
- We are extremely passionate, supportive, adaptable, and our work and culture reflect it.
- We have strong analytical, technology, communication, and organizational skills.
- Your role is what YOU make it.
- Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration. Did we say collaboration?
What do we offer in exchange for your passionate work?
- Monthly paychecks.
- Employee coverage for health, dental, and life insurance and partial dependent coverage within 30 days of your start date.
- 4% Employer matching Safe Harbor 401K.
- 12 company paid holidays.
- At least 4 weeks of PTO per year.
- Paid parental leave policy.
- Flexible work location and flexible work schedule between 6:00 am – 10:00 pm (at present during COVID-19 we are mostly working remotely and meeting via video calls).
- Supplemental benefits offerings.
- Casual dress code.
- Gym expense reimbursement policy.
- Opportunity to grow within the company.
- Open access to all Senior Management.
- No cubicles and no private offices.
- Monthly company sponsored luncheons (when in office).
- Healthy snacks are always available (when in office).
Salary compensation for this position is DOE.
If you love what you see and meet the above qualifications criteria, please don’t delay – Send us your resume and cover letter and tell us why you want to join our Tyfone Team and how we will benefit from your awesome contribution. Please include your salary expectation in your cover letter.
The Tyfone, Inc. Human Resources Team
Principals only. No recruiters please.