The Full Charge Accountant is responsible for maintaining the financial records of the company by accurately recording the day to day financial transactions of the company. This position works closely with Human Resources, Administration, and IT, and reports directly to the VP of Finance & Operations.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Allocate and post daily, monthly, and annual financial transactions with the utmost accuracy
- Perform accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, credit card accounts, expense reports, accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Prepare journal entries and accruals
- Prepare and maintain supporting general ledger account schedules
- Perform accounts payable, accounts receivable, and purchasing functions
- Prepare consolidated financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance by required deadlines
- Process weekly bank deposits
- Prepare and process payroll for all US employees and coordinate benefits payments
- Calculate and prepare 1099s
- Prepare weekly budget variance reports by department and business unit
- Assist in financial audits
- Implement best practice standards to ensure compliance with GAAP rules and federal and state regulations
- Assist with continuous improvement of accounting policies and procedures and lean business principles
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
- Answer Accounting phone calls and perform other financial administrative duties as needed
- Support VP of Finance & Operations in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting department
- Contributes to team effort by assisting with various office tasks as needed
Experience: At least 6 years progressive experience in Accounting or Finance, AND Bookkeeping – SaaS industry experience is highly preferred
Education: A Bachelor’s degree or 6 years equivalent work experience
Tech experience: At least an advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel and QuickBooks, and beginners to intermediate level of proficiency in as many of the following: MS Word, MS Powerpoint, mac OS, Expensify, Shareworks, Docusign, Dropbox, Nextravel, Salesforce, Google Sheets, and Slack.
What You Bring as Full Charge Accountant:
- You’re really smart, innovative, and thrive in independent workplaces.
- You like creating schedules and reports and analyzing trends
- You have a great personality with a genuine desire to learn and grow.
- Solid written, organization and verbal skills.
- Seeks out projects or process improvements
- You live for the details and can’t sleep until you’ve found that missing penny
- Mental flexibility and the ability to switch gears with ease
At Tyfone, we are passionate about our customers, our employees, our community, and our product. Our software has the ability to transform the way we bank online.
How is it working at Tyfone?
- We believe in collaborative teams that produce high output
- Titles don’t mean much, you attain respect by producing results
- Slack is a way of life, short emails are encouraged, communication is the key to our success
- Everyone’s extremely passionate about something and they manage to let it shine through their work
- We are independent self-starters who either come up with the idea and run with it or hear an idea and run with it.
- We are passionate, know when to be flexible, and how to adapt. We want you to be as well.
- Your role is what you make it
- Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration
What do we offer in exchange for your passionate work?
- Gym expense reimbursement policy
- Employee coverage for health, dental, and life insurance and partial dependent coverage within 30 days of your start date.
- 4% Employer matching 401K
- 12 company paid holidays
- Monthly paychecks
- Approximately 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Paid parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedule from 6 am – 10 pm
- Physical Office hours are 8 am – 5 pm
- Supplemental benefits offerings
- Casual dress code
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- Open access to all Senior Management
- No cubicles and no private offices
- Monthly company sponsored luncheons
- Healthy snacks are always available
If this job description is your dream job or dream challenge, then please apply!