Looking for a Senior Technical Architect responsible for building Java applications and systems for our products. You’ll be responsible for designing and developing systems that drive the back-end services which communicate with multiple other back-end systems and front-end clients including mobile apps and browser interfaces. You will also have to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. We follow a test-driven development approach where unit-tests are part of the development process.
- Technically hands-on and ability to lead a highly talented core team with a team size of 4 to 8 engineers
- Own the product design, code base, QA, and automation
- Own the development, scope planning, issue prioritization and code reviews
- Provide technical leadership to the team
- Help in hiring and building a highly skilled team
- Influence, collaborate, and communicate with leaders across the organization
- Partner with the architecture board and ensure that product design is in line with the organization’s architecture strategy
- Partner with Product Managers to identify detailed technical requirements
- Assess the latest technologies and propose to the architecture board
- The ideal candidate is a technical and hands-on Software Architecture with a verifiable track record of delivering enterprise projects on time with quality; experience in a SaaS environment would be highly preferred.
- Must demonstrate proactive technical leadership, strong communication skills, and a proven ability to multi-task and manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Should be well versed with Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Should have the ability to write clean, readable, and maintainable code with excellent command of Java; should be an expert at reviewing code
- Should be able to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot performance problems
- Should have 8-10 years of experience in application design, development, testing, and maintenance
- Should hold a B.E./B.Tech/ M.Tech/M.S degree in Computer Science, Information technology or equivalent from a reputed college.
Advanced knowledge and experience in a vast majority or all of the following areas:
- Spring framework, spring boot and spring cloud, JPA/object-relational mapping libraries (Hibernate)
- Proficient in J2EE technologies and web technologies
- Version control systems (Git preferred), Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) (good to have)
- Experienced in architecting both on-premise and SaaS technology solutions
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience in presenting to an executive-level audience
- Knowledge of AWS, kubernetes and dockers will be an advantage.